Are you wondering whether the time is right to sell your software or technology company?
Perhaps you’re thinking about retiring soon, or cashing out to maximize the return on the investment you’ve made in growing your business. Or maybe there’s a division or subsidiary or asset that is no longer strategic to your plan that you’d like to divest?
Our advisors have helped hundreds of software and technology companies to work through these decisions. In fact, the majority of the work we do is providing sell-side advisory services to clients.
Many of our conversations with prospective clients begin with coaching on how to best prepare their company for a sale in order to achieve maximum value. We often start working with companies many months, or even years, in advance of their eventual sale.
Our advisors look at a wide range of internal and external variables surrounding your software or technology business and help you to position your business for an exit that meets your goals. Some of these factors include a review of current market conditions, and personal goals and objectives, as well as a review of valuation expectations, deal structure, tax implications, and your management and employee concerns.
A key determinant in driving the best offer is creating a competitive environment where multiple interested and qualified buyers are participating. Without more than one potential buyer, there is no leverage, and no driving reason for a lone buyer to increase an initial offer.
Our team will guide you through every aspect of the selling process and provide coaching through each step. We combine a highly diversified and extensive database, industry knowledge, and research capabilities, with multi-pronged marketing campaigns to attract and qualify numerous strategic buyers to your deal.
We are also able to function effectively as a buffer between buyers and sellers when negotiations get strained.
Our sell-side advisory services include:
- Attracting Multiple Qualified Strategic Buyers
- Strong Negotiating Skills
- Innovative Deal Structuring
- Creative Problem Solving
Our objectives in each transaction are:
- To uncover the “hidden” (off balance sheet) value that your company has. This is important for technology companies as their value lies in their IP, their people, their client base, and their market share.
- To identify buyers who will offer the best price and terms.
- To structure the process to provide flexibility so that a number of offers from a variety of parties can be brought in and evaluated in a reasonable timeframe.
- To organize the process so that the vendor’s management team can focus their primary efforts on managing and growing the business without being unduly concerned about the divestiture process.
- To maintain confidentiality to the greatest extent possible.
Let’s talk about selling your technology company.